Monday, January 3, 2011

Blog #6 - Lead Project One Reflection

The Senior Holiday Party was a huge success! Seemed like everyone who went had a lot of fun and it was a great way to start everybodys break and get them into the holiday season. The restaurant had great service and many people were willing to stay and help clean up. During the party we played white elephant and everyone remember to bring in a gift :) They also followed directions and didn't bring in anything that they wouldn't want to receive themselves (except one). Surprise Santa also followed directions and came in 30 minutes late. That gave everyone a nice surprise and made it possible for us to take pictures with Santa (big thanks to Mathew Iverson). Overall I would say that everything worked as planned and enough people showed up to make it fun. Our mentor (Mr. Shiroma was really laid back about kids yelling and screaming). If I had to do this over again, next time i would remember to ask ASB for some money before hand. This time I didn't think we would need ABS money so I didn't ask ASB but turns out that I didn't have enough decorations at home so i ended up having to use my own money to buy decorations. Pros of the party? Everyone had fun! it was also a great bonding experience. Cons: I really wish I didn't have to invest my own money into this (especially when I don't get those things back) but the trade off was good. It was more worth it when people tell me that they had a lot of fun.

Pictures:

 The ones who arrived on time

 While waiting for beverages and food


 Don't the balloons and lights add a nice touch?

 Treasurer with Santa

 Two Senior Class Captains (Santa and Jim)

 Santa!

 White Elephant Stealing

 Everyone drawing on the paper table cloth

Group Picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment