Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Help Project #1 (Talent Show)

For my first help project, I was following Elizabeth Ong with the talent show.  The objective of this project is to recognize the students at AHS that have talent. The talent show gives them a reason to show their talent to everyone else in the school. This project aligns with our goals as a classs because we are reaching out to other students outside of leadership class and give them a chance to to show some unique characteristics they might have. A week or two before the talent show, she asked me what role I wanted to take and I said that I want to be the decorator. After she decided on a theme for the talent show, I brainstormed with Elizabeth, Mrs. Wombold and everyone else helping about what we can do for decorations and people suggested that we had a slide show playing in the background. Going with this idea, I created two slide shows (one with artists and the other with albums). We never ended up using it because we couldn't find screens to project it on so in the end, the decorations were just a few lights on the stage, I few gold painted black disks in the background and a pitch black room with spotlights only on the performers so give the environment of being at the Grammy's. After school I also made large posters to put around the school to help inform others about the talent show and when it took place. I walked into the talent show during the real thing and saw that it was a full house (all seats were taken) and everything seemed to run fairly smoothly so I was glad that everything worked out (even with 3 acts suddenly dropping out). I also heard from many people that it was very successful and everyone who went said that they liked it so that was also good news.

 Testing and setting up lights for the talent show.

No comments:

Post a Comment